WELCOME TO THE TOWN OF NORTH HAVEN’S “VIEW AND PAY TAXES ONLINE” PAGE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW INFORMATION FOR THE 2019 GRAND LIST (July 2020/January 2021)
PLEASE NOTE: TAX BILLS WILL BE
AVAILABLE ONLINE AS OF JULY 1, 2020.
COVID-19 NOTICE: THE TOWN OF NORTH HAVEN IS COMMITTED TO THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL EMPLOYEES AND VISITORS TO TOWN HALL. AS OF JULY 6, 2020, TOWN HALL WILL RE-OPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS. PLEASE CONTACT THE TAX COLLECTOR’S OFFICE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
PLEASE READ THE “IMPORTANT ONLINE PAYMENT NOTICES” AND THEN CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW: After you have read the important notices, you will be directed to the Town of North Haven Tax Collector’s payment system.
*IMPORTANT ONLINE TAX PAYMENT NOTICES*
CONVENIENCE FEES FOR ONLINE SYSTEM USE: please be advised of the following convenience fees for the use of this online site.
· CHECKING ACCOUNT (.50 fee, PER TRANSACTION)
· SAVINGS ACCOUNT (.50 fee, PER TRANSACTION)
· DEBIT CARD($3.95 fee, PER TRANSACTION)
· CREDIT CARD (3% OF TOTAL PAID fee, PER TRANSACTION)
SEARCHING FOR YOUR BILL: Please be sure to read the instructions when entering data for any search option, i.e.:
· When searching by “Name”, enter your Last Name first, then enter your first name; and/or
· When searching by “Address”, enter the street number and then the street name. Do NOT enter “Street, Road, Turnpike”, etc.
SEWER USE FEES: the Tax Collector’s Office DOES NOT process nor accept Sewer Use Fee payments. Please contact Public Works (WPCA)/Veolia Water at 203.239.6070 or 203.239.5321 x 400.
DMV SYSTEM UPGRADE: DMV upgraded its system August 2015. The new system is a paper-free release system, which means that you will be unable to obtain a paper release from our office at the time of payment. DMV’s files are updated nightly during the work week. PLEASE PLAN YOUR REGISTRATION NEEDS ACCORDINGLY.
DMV DELINQUENT TAX RELEASE: If you need a release (proof that all delinquent tax bills have been paid) to register a motor vehicle with the Department of Motor Vehicle Department (DMV), you will need to pay in person at the Tax Collector’s Office with cash, bank check, cashier’s check and/or money order. At the close of business on the day of said payment, an electronic release will be sent to DMV, for your registration purposes. Normally, DMV will allow you to register the next business day. NOTE: If you pay with a check or pay online, there will be an automatic ten (10) business day HOLD, unless you provide proof of your payment before that time.
· IF YOU REQUIRE AN IMMEDIATE RELEASE: as noted above, you must pay to pay in person, cash, bank check, cashier’s check and/or money order, PLUS a $25.00 extra fee. This would allow you to be released at the moment of payment.
· PLEASE NOTE: The Tax Collector’s Office will only accept $1,000.00 CASH per transaction.
ONLINE SYSTEM UPGRADE: On June 9, 2015, Webster Bank upgraded their portion of this online payment system. Please be aware of the following important changes:
· Your payment history was not converted from the old system to the new system;
· If you have bookmarked the old online bill pay website, you will need to go to www.north-haven.net to access the new online bill pay system after the upgrade, and update your bookmark;
· If you had any payments scheduled for a date beyond the upgrade date noted above, said future payments were automatically canceled; and
· You are now required to re-enroll to use the new online bill pay system. This will ensure that the information in the system is accurate and we can communicate with you about important information related to your payments. However, if you prefer, you will now have the option to make a one-time payment without enrolling.
PARTIAL PAYMENTS: Partial payments ARE accepted. Please read the instructions noted within the system, or feel free to contact the Tax Collector’s office with any questions.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PAYMENT: When making a payment, be sure that your “Scheduled Payment Date” does not fall beyond the due date for a bill and/or fall within a new month, as such date is the effective date of your payment, and more interest will accrue. Check the “FAQ” section of the payment site for more information.
QUESTIONS? Please contact the Tax Collector’s Office at 203.239.5321 x 620 OR the Assessor’s Office at 203.239.5321 x610. Town Hall is open Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., except for Weekends and Legal Holidays, and also any posted limitations due to COVID-19.
TAX COLLECTOR’S OFFICE
Rev. June 2020